Economic historian Alan Taylor leads off the panel giving a concise and understandable overview of the crisis. Next up is finance professor Brad Barber who talks about what the situation means for small investors. The take-home lesson: investors should remember that stocks are risky and can stay depressed for long periods.
Finally we hear from historian Eric Rauchway, who compares the current crisis with the 1929 stock market crash, and comes to the comforting conclusion that there are significant differences between the current situation and the financial crisis that led to the Great Depression.
- Stimulus SmackDown: Can Deficit Spending Save the Economy?
- Podcasts to help you understand the economic crisis, part 2
- Pity poor Alan Greenspan
- Podcasts to help you understand the economic crisis
- Help in understanding the economic news
- A brief history of financial panics
- Learn economics on the web